Saturday, January 19, 2013

Loving Hearts a Flutter!

The challenge over at Late Night Stampers Challenge Blog this week (#206) is to use hearts on your project -- very timely, with Valentine's Day coming up before we know it!  I thought this challenge was a great excuse to ink up the Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set to use along with the More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper and some other fun new goodies from the Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog.   Here's the card I designed:



I started with a Pool Party card stock base, then added the designer series paper layers.  The largest die cut heart is cut out from the laser-cut sheets in the More Amore paper pack.  On top of that, I layered two images stamped using the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and cut out using the coordinating dies.  The scalloped heart image is stamped in Primrose Petals on Very Vanilla, and I sponged Primrose Petals ink around the edges for a softer look.  The smaller heart is stamped in Pool Party ink on Whisper White, with Pool Party ink sponged around the edges.

The "Love You" greeting is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.  It is stamped in Midnight Muse, and die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.  Primrose Petals is sponged around the edges of the banner.  And, one of the new Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels adds some sparkle.



Next to the hearts, I added some of the 5/8" Flower Trim roses, which I had sponged with Primrose Petals ink.  There are a couple of smaller Rhinestone Jewels tucked in around the roses.

I also added some pieces of Tea Lace Paper Doilies, which I had pleated and sponged with Very Vanilla.  And, for the finishing touch, I added a Pool Party button from the Sycamore Street Buttons and Ribbon pack (available as part of Sale-a-Bration).  In the center of the button is a heart image from the Itty Bitties stamp set, punched out using the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.   I love how it fits perfectly in the button!



Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  We had beautiful weather today and spent most of it playing outside.  I'm looking forward to settling in tonight and doing a some more stamping!


Happy crafting,
- Michelle

5 comments:

Jonia said...

Love, love this card! Thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS!

craftystamper said...

What a wonderfully designed Valentine's Day card. I love all the details that make your card so interesting. Thanks for sharing your talent with the LNS group this week, and I hope you will join us next week.

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card Michelle! So glad you were able to play with us again. It has been a while. Hope you will play along again in the future!

Robbie

MJ said...

This is so pretty, I can't believe I forgot about that Love You sentiment in the Bitty Banners set! Wonderful job combining all those fabulous elements. Thanks for playing this week at LNS!

Anonymous said...

wonderfully romantic and just darn beautiful, Michelle!!! TFS, Marlene C.