Friday, July 5, 2013

Hello to You -- June Paper Pumpkin Creations!

Hope you had a happy 4th of July!  We had a great day -- did a bit of kayaking and swimming before our traditional BBQ-ed dinner and fireworks-watching!  

Last month's Paper Pumpkin kit came with 4 pre-printed and die cut notecards, and was a breeze to use to quickly whip up some fun cards!  I made one following the kits' directions, then tried some different ideas for the rest.  Here are the 4 cards I created all together:




 Here's the card I made following the sample and instructions in the kit:
  


And, actually there is an online video from Stampin' Up! about this kit, too.  Here it is in case you'd like to check it out:


 


(I notice in the video that the crafter uses adhesive to secure the patterned hexagons; however, these actually already have adhesive on them -- you can just peel and stick, if you prefer.)

Here's my first variation on the design:




The only thing I changed for this one was to substitute the "hey there friend" greeting from the Paper Pumpkin welcome kit for the "Hello to you."

For my next variation, I decided to turn the card to portrait orientation, and I stamped "Hello to You" on a scrap of Daffodil Delight Card Stock, which I shaped into a flag and adhered:


For the last card, I went a little crazy:



I stamped the splatter image from the Welcome Kit outside and inside the card using Daffodil Delight Classic Ink.  Then, added the "hey there friend" greeting from the Welcome Kit again.  And, decided to add not just the Soft Suede hearts but also some Primrose Petal kissed hearts all around.  To create the kissed hearts, I 
inked the heart image up with Primrose Petals, stamped off once, then inked up the June kit's small chevron background stamp with Primrose Petals and "kissed" the heart to the chevron stamp before stamping the heart on Whisper White card stock.  I fussy cut the hearts then attached them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I have quite a few hexagon pieces leftover from this kit, and am looking forward to seeing what else I can make with them and with the great stamps!

Want to learn more about Paper Pumpkin and how you can join the fun?  Be sure to click here and visit my Paper Pumpkin page!

Thanks!
Michelle 




No comments: