Monday, August 26, 2013

Butterflies for Baby . . . Part 1 . . .

Hello, everyone!  Wow, I didn't mean to take a two-week break from blogging, but that's what happened!  We had two camping trips in one week, then last week was back-to-school for my boys, so that has kept me hopping!

Also, just over a week ago now was a baby shower for a good friend, who loves butterflies!  I'd spotted this project on Pinterest (or to see the original post and instructions to create the project on the Heartland Paper blog, please click here).  When I showed it to my friend hosting the shower, we agreed we just had to make it for the mom-to-be!!!

The colors chosen for the shower were Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, and Pistachio Pudding.  So, I used my Big Shot and Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die to cut out a total of 68 butterflies in those colors, and another 68 butterflies from Vellum Card Stock.  I used the two smallest butterflies on the die.  And, after I finished, I used my Bitty Butterfly Punch and punched a bunch of butterflies out of the scraps (those came in handy for decorating the spot where strings attached to the wires in the mobile as well as the tables at the baby shower).

Here's how my butterfly chandelier/mobile turned out:









There is a little non-Stampin' Up! ribbon and retired Stampin' Up! ribbon on the mobile (gasp, I know!), but the main ribbon I used to go around and cover the ring is the Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (it actually took 2 rolls of that to go around the rim!!!)  I tied that in double knots.

What do you think?  Please leave me a comment and let me know -- always great to hear from you!!!

And, stay tuned for part 2 . . . tomorrow if all goes well!  . . .

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

ConnieM50 said...

This is beautiful! I like yours better than the Pinterest one! Nice choice of colors. What a fun project and it will be so pretty in a nursery.