Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Making a Scene for Halloween

Wow!  It's been almost a week and a half since I've posted . . . sorry about that!  I've been busy with the kids' school, activities, sports and more!  Still finding a little time here and there to get some stamping in, though!!!  Before I forget, there's a special Holiday Catalog Supplement that went live on Monday, which you can see here, and you can shop for the fun and fabulous products from that here.  

Okay, so on to a very special Halloween card I've been excited to show you for a while . . . but had to keep secret for a bit because I created it for a special swap with my friend Marlene (and yes, that means I have some amazing projects to show you from her again as well!!!)   The inspiration for this card started when Stampin' Up! shared this card by Martha Inchley on their website.  I immediately pinned it, and the wheels started turning . . . how cool would it be to make a whole 3D scene like that!  So, I decided to create a spooky Halloween neighborhood scene using a stair step card.  Here's how that turned out:

And, here are a few closeups so you can see some of the details better:




Supplies used:

Stamps:  Holiday Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray
Paper:  Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, and Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories:  Homemade Holiday and Bitty Banner Framelits; 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Confetti Stars Punch, Frosted Sequins (under ghost and inside button), Brights Buttons, Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine, and Stampin' Blendabilities (Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Smoky Slate assortments)

I've recently finished another version of this card for Christmas!  Stay tuned to see that!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: