Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Watercolor Winter Cards

This weekend, I had some time to create a few cards with a good friend, and that was great fun.  We opened up my Watercolor Winter Simply Created kit, and we each created a few cards with that.

We started with one of the sled cards, and my friend had the brilliant idea of inking up the Hardwood stamp with Cherry Cobbler ink, stamping on the sled and then using that stamped ink to do the watercoloring.  Worked beautifully!  (Thanks, Lea!)  I changed up the layout only a little bit from the samples (didn't want to hide my beautifully colored sled behind anything), and here's how my card turned out:


The greeting is from Endless Wishes, and I added one of the snowflakes from the Frosted sequins (to the right of the sled).  Here's a close up of the sled so you can see the grain on that a bit better:


The second card I made was one with the happy trees:


Probably the biggest challenge on this card was figuring out the greeting to add on the banner (since I hadn't bought the stamp set (Watercolor Winter Too) designed to go with this kit . . . yet . . . ).  I settled on "christmas" from Endless Wishes.  While I realize it is not typical to say "happy christmas" here in the U.S., I spent part of my childhood in England, and so this looks and sounds all right to me!  :)

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: