Monday, January 12, 2015

Built a Bouquet!

Happy New Year!  I'm finally getting back to blogging after the holidays -- we had a fun time, and especially enjoyed our trip to Arizona to see family!  Since, we've been back, one of my first projects for the new year and from the new Occasions Catalog, has been the Build a Bouquet kit!  It's shown on the cover of the Occasions Catalog, and it was love at first sight for me!  When it came to assembling the kit, it was great fun, though took a bit longer than I expected . . . part of the reason it's been so quiet around here, and well, let's just say my hot glue gun got quite the workout!!!  Anyway, I have quite a few photos to show you of my bouquet as a work in progress, and finished.  So, here goes!

When you start creating the kit, you begin with the flower centers.  Here are the centers for my daisies, wild roses and pansies, ready to go:


I created the daisies first, and here's how they turned out.  A little hard to tell from the photos, but I did do some stamping around the bases of the white petal strips before I glued them to the centers:


 Next, I created the poppies:




I really love the texture added to the paper when you stamp the grain image from the Build a Bouquet stamp set on the poppy petals.  Such a neat touch!  I actually also really love the cotton-paper the flowers are made of -- I'm hoping this will be something that Stampin' Up! carries in the future.  It has such a pretty sheen to it and is so perfect for creating beautiful flowers!

Anyway, my next addition to the bouquet was the pansies.  These are made in clusters of three, so you actually end up making 15 flowers!  They go together very quickly and easily, though.
 


 After that, I created the Wild Roses.  I took a photo of the stamped petals, glued together at the end to give a bit of dimension, and waiting to be attached to their centers:


And, here they are added to the growing bouquet:




Last but not least, and perhaps the most fun to create: the chrysanthemums.  Here they are sitting on my desk, waiting for the most fun part . . . curling the leaves!  (If you like making curls in curling ribbon, this will be your favorite flower to create, too!  ;)  ).

And, here are my mums after getting curls:



Quite the transformation, right?!

 Here are a bunch of photos of the finished bouquet:






And, Isabella had to get in on some photos, too (can't let anything else have all the attention!):


I thought the timing on this one was funny:


If you can think of a great caption for it, be sure to leave me a comment here or on my Facebook page.  I have a little prize for the best caption!

I still have some leftover supplies to play with from the kit (including some fun tags and ribbon), and am looking forward to creating cards with the stamp set . . . and have purchased the Bouquet Bigz L Die so I can make more flowers in some other colors, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle

Supplies used in case you'd like to create your own bouquet:




And, Stampin' Up! has a great video on how to make the flowers (I didn't get to see it until I was almost done, but highly recommend it as it has great useful tips and tricks!).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL_V0YFYmpA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle great post! Poor Isabella is smelling your pretty flowers ...then realizes she can't smell anything! OMG my nose is broke...how will I ever find my food dish! Amazing when you are able to catch the perfect photo only by being there at the right moment.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah...choo! I'm allergic to paper? What's next, real flowers?!

Happy Stampin'!,
Connie