Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bokeh Easter Bunny Trifold Card

Happy Thursday!  In my last post, I shared this bokeh card I created for the recent SUper Friends Swap:


Turns out I've really been into this technique lately, so that actually wasn't my first card with this technique.  This card, which was created for a different swap, was:


I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, and Strawberry Slush on this card, and the Happy Easter Bunny stamp.  The flower embellishment is stamped with the Flower Patch stamp set, and cut with the coordinating dies.  I used a length of Gold Sequins and Calypso Coral Pom Pom trim, tied in a bow with the white Painted Blooms Cotton Twine on top of that (thanks to my friend Connie Monahan for the inspiration for this kind of 3D textured embellishment -- she showed me her beautiful card where she'd used an Antique Brad to hold together some ribbon lengths like this, and the idea just grew from there!)

The card is a trifold (couldn't bring myself to completely cover up the rectangular bokeh panel), made by using a 1" x 8.5" inch strip of card stock, folded in half, and adhered to the back of the card.  Here's a photo of the first opening:



Then, the rest opens like a regular card.  The "happy spring" and flower and leaf stamps are from the From the Garden stamp set.

I'll be teaching how to make both these cards in my upcoming Spring/Bokeh Technique Card Class on March 27th . . . so please check out my class info in the side bar if you are interested in making one of your own!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
- Michelle 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm signed up and pumped to learn this technique. Thanks for offering the class, Michelle!

Hugs,
Connie