Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stacking Up to be a Good Day

Hi Everyone!  Taking a break from preparing for Convention to pop in and say hi!  Hope all is well for you.  We're doing well.  Keeping busy with the boys' summer activities and getting ready to travel.  And, I have a bunch of swaps ready to go for Convention now, so that feels good!  Just a few more projects to finish up this week, and then I'll be set!  Do have a sneak peek for you of part of one of my Convention swaps:



Wonder what I could be making with these?  

And, I do have a card to share with you today as well.  This is one I prepared for a WOW swap actually a month or so ago (time flies!!):


 The new Sprinkles of Life set is so much fun to use (and so wonderful that Stampin' Up! donates money from the sale of it to support Ronald McDonald House Charities!).  I decided to make a cone with mint chocolate chip ice cream (used Mint Macaron card stock and Chocolate Chip ink for the stamping on that layer), then strawberry (Watermelon Wonder card stock and ink on that layer), and finally good old vanilla with sprinkles (Whisper White card stock, stamped with Delightful Dijon and sprinkles in all the 2015-17 In Colors -- used the markers to ink the stamp, and some Crystal Effects on top to make them more dimensional).  Here's a close up of the ice cream:



For the card above, I used a Bermuda Bay button embellishment on the greeting banner.  Here, I used one of the 2015-17 In Color Blossom Accents (in Mint Macaron).



Here's a close up so you can see it better, and see the Pearl Jewel I glued in the center:



I also trimmed some of the Watermelon Wonder Lace Trim to use as an accent for the banner.

The patterns peeking out from under the Bermuda Bay card stock are strips of the Cherry On Top Washi Tape, which I layered onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  The burst image behind the ice cream cones is from the Kinda Eclectic Stamp set.  The smaller burst images in Bermuda Bay on the Bermuda Bay card stock and Delightful Dijon on the greeting banner are from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Michelle


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: