Monday, July 4, 2016

Red, White, and Blue, and Baseball, too!

Happy 4th of July!!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!  we're having a very low-key day so far, but looking forward to celebrating with a special dinner tonight, followed by some baseball and fireworks!

I actually created this card last month for Greg to give to his assistant coaches and team mom for his and Timothy's Little League team (the Red Sox), but haven't had a chance to share it yet, and today seemed like the perfect day.  This is a double z-fold card (thanks to Connie M. for getting me going on these -- I was at her house crafting and she was making one, and when I saw how cool and easy it was to create, I had to give it a try.  Will show you my first double z-fold card soon, plus a super-cool one Connie made for me!)

Anyway, here's the card:






I used Real Red, Night of Navy, and Whisper White card stocks, plus some Gold Foil paper for one of the swirls.  The swirls were cut with the Swirly Scribbles Dies  The "a big Thanks" and "to you" are from the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set.  The baseballs and stars are from retired stamp sets (Great Sport, Just Baseball, and Extreme Elements), and the striped red paper is retired as well, though certainly a current paper such as the Brights Designer Series Pack could be substituted!

Stay tuned for some more double z-fold cards soon!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

  

No comments: