Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Dream of Stamping Challenge #4 -- Vintage Vogue Curled

For our fourth I Dream of Stamping Challenge, we thought it would be fun to pay tribute to the sport of curling by including curling on your card in some way.  You can curl paper, ribbon, whatever you want to do! 

I chose to curl paper -- bending up the edges of some flowers I had stamped and cut.  The Very Vintage wheel also has some beautiful curls in its image, so I think those count, too!  Here's my card:




This card is on a Rich Razzleberry card stock base, with a layer of Kraft card stock on top of that.  I rolled the Very Vintage wheel across my Rich Razzleberry ink pad, and then across the Kraft card stock to create the background pattern.  The flowers were created by stamping the flower images from Vintage Vogue in Rich Razzleberry onto Close to Cocoa Textured Card Stock.  Then, after cutting them out, I distressed and bent the edges of the petals, first by hand, and then a bit more as I sponged Rich Razzleberry ink around the edges.  I added an Ice Square Rhinestone in the center of the largest flower, and silver brads for the centers of the other flowers.
 
I added a strip of Close to Cocoa card stock, with the edge punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, on top of the Kraft.  The ribbon is Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon, distressed by running it across my Old Olive Classic Ink pad (thanks to my friend Laura Pinto-Nguyen for the idea . . . check out her project that inspired me here).
 
The greeting was stamped with Rich Razzleberry on Kraft, then punched out with the Word Window Punch.  I added a Close to Cocoa frame around that, which I created by first punching with the Word Window Punch, then punching around that with the Modern Label Punch.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!
 
- Michelle

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Isn't this pretty, def worthy of a medal! I Love the colors used and all of the distressing.. wish I had known I would have entered my card (is it too late?).. I had curled paper on mine and used the vintage vogue flowers too!