Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy New Catalog Days!!!

Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!  We had a fun BBQ with friends and neighbors and enjoyed our local fireworks.  Yesterday, Greg, the boys and I headed to the beach at Santa Cruz, but unfortunately it was way cooler there than we expected!  Only in the 60s . . . and overcast.  We still had good fun riding the rides at the Boardwalk and visiting the Seymour Marine Discovery Center.  They had some amazing artwork there by Chris Jordan called Running the Numbers, and it depicted mass consumption and pollution in some very thought-provoking ways.  I think you can find some of his works online as well. 

Anyway, I digress!  I am very excited about Stampin' Up!'s beautiful new 2010-11 Idea Book and Catalog!  If you haven't checked it out yet, you can see it online here.  I haven't had quite as much time as I would like to play with the stamp sets I was able to order through last month's demonstrator pre-order (one of the many great perks of being a demonstrator!)  However, I am hoping to have more time to stamp and play soon!  And, have more new things on the way that I will have to play with, too! :)  I'll be sure to show you what I create.

One of the projects I have made so far is some mini notecards with the new Level 2 Hostess Set called Cute by the Inch.  Here are some of them:


These also use the new Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper and the Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon -- loving them both!

Here are some close ups of some of the cards:







These were tucked in with some of the new catalogs I sent out.  If you are here in the U.S., do not have a hard copy yet, and would like one, please let me know! 

- Michelle

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wow, these are great cards!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beautiful collection of simply elegant cards! Love that last one... that soft shade of green is gorgeous!