Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peace, Love and Joy Snowglobe Card

I've seen a number of fun cards using the Sweet Snowglobe stamp set to make a "shaker card" and even received a beautiful one from my friend Marlene Caravello, which I thought I had shared on the blog, but couldn't find, so will do that soon! 

Anyway, I thought it would be a fun project to make one of these at hostess club.  So, for our November hostess club meeting, this is the card I designed:



To create this, we colored the Sweet Snowglobe image with markers, then used the 1-3/4" Circle punch to punch out the snowy scene, and trimmed around the base.  I love how the image works perfectly with the Sweet Treat cups -- and it was so much fun to fill this with some chunky Sprinkles glitter (we used a combination of white, which you can still get in the Chunky Essentials pack, and blue, which is from a retired pack -- but the silver from the Chunky Essentials would be a fun substitute, too).  Here's a close up of the snowglobe and its glittery "snow":




The embossed image is the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder.   We used some Moonlight Smooch to add some sparkle on the embossed snowflakes. 

The ribbon is Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon.  The cardstock is Marina Mist and Whisper White.  And, the greeting is from the All Holidays stamp set, and was stamped in Marina Mist Classic Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

-- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love this card, and so glad I got to make one!!!

Anonymous said...

I think this snowglobe card is so cool. Love the colors you picked too. Thanks for sharing, Marlene Caravello PS: love the holiday theme look on your blog header!