Saturday, May 7, 2011

Scrapbooking Update!

It's National Scrapbooking Day today, so I thought it would be appropriate to share a few more of the pages I have been creating for my Spring Break 2011 album . . . I'm doing well so far on my page-a-day challenge!  I am still working on today's page, but once it is done, I'll have 7 pages done!  I've only been spending 5 minutes to maybe at most 20 minutes on each page, so it really isn't taking a lot of time each day.  If I can keep this up, I'll finish this album and hopefully get into another one before the month is over!  I hope that you'll consider taking up this challenge with me and create some pages to record and preserve your precious memories as well.  Please let me know if you do! 

Now, without further ado, my pages:





The top two pages will be together in a two-page spread.  For the background on those two pages, I used paper from the Strength & Hope Digital Kit (I think it's wonderful that Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from the sale of this digital kit to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  You can help make a difference when you purchase this kit or the Strength & Hope stamp set!)  I also used one of the Vintage Overlays on those pages.  The middle page also has a couple of the digital stamps from the Strength & Hope Digital Kit around the photos.

For the bottom page, I used the Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper Download and the compass stamp from The Open Sea Stamp Brush Set.

On a couple of these pages, I used the new digital Flag Punch to create the journaling boxes.

Also, I just learned that there are new training resources available from Stampin' Up! for My Digital Studio.  You can find them here.   I'll be checking them out, and I encourage you to do so, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: