Monday, March 25, 2013

Vintage Puzzle Piece Resist Cards

A while back, I saw a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for a technique called Puzzle Piece Resist, and I was intrigued by it.  So, in my most recent swap with my friend Marlene, I decided to create a card using the technique.  Actually, I ended up creating two versions of the card, and I have photos of both of them to show you today.  Here's the first one, which I ended up sending to Marlene:


To create this card, I started with a Soft Suede base.  Layered on top of that is a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, on which I embossed the Ex Libris Background stamp.  Before sponging, I die cut a flower from the Floral Frames Framelits out of the piece.  Then, I sponged the flower with Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.  The rest of the background, I sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I added some lace from the Artisan embellishment kit, some flowers punched with the Boho Blossoms and Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (I used Pretty in Pink brads from the 3/16" Subtles Brads collection in the centers).  The flowers were punched from a combination of Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Primrose Petals card stock.  The leaves are from the Bird Builder punch, out of Old Olive cardstock.

The sentiment is from the Sale-a-Bration Vintage Verses set, stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla, die cut with an Apothecary Accents Framelit, and has a bit of Soft Suede sponged around the edges. 

I also added some Pearl Jewels to complete the vintage look.  And, I couldn't resist adding a piece of Flower Trim.  The rose is dyed with Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.

Here are some close up views:


I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope using stamps from the Everything Eleanor set:



 Here's a second version I created, with the flower die cut in a slightly different spot, and the flower trim dyed with Pink Pirouette and only a little bit of Primrose Petals:




Hope you enjoyed these!  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think -- I love hearing from you!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply Spectacular ! ! !
M Eliz - Wisconsin

Sandi said...

Such a beautiful card Michelle!! I love vintage/shabby chic and you certainly paid attention to all those details. I have to CASE this! I am so glad I didn't give away this stamp set. Thanks for sharing!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Stunning Michelle! I think my mouth hit the floor and l drooled looking at these beautiful cards! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring.