Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More Amore Spring Gift Box

Here is a fun project I demonstrated at a workshop not too long ago.  It was inspired by the beautiful flower -topped gift box shown on page 6 of Stampin' Up!'s Spring Catalog.   Stampin' Up! has a video on how to make the flower, and I followed that technique.  However, I used one of the beautiful new Designer Builder Brads in the center of my flower:



Here's a side view of my box:


The box is one of Stampin' Up!'s Kraft Gift Boxes.  I added a Cherry Cobbler "belly band" around it.  The belly band is embossed with the Hexagon Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I also embossed a piece of More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper with that folder, and cut out some of the hexagons from that to decorate the belly band a bit more.

The heart and flag decorations are made with the Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set and Framelits.

Here's another side view of the box:



You can see a little bit of the stamping on the box in this photo -- subtle, but I used one of the heart images from Hearts a Flutter and stamped all over the box using Pool Party ink.

I think this would be a great way to dress up a gift for Valentine's, a bridal shower or wedding, a birthday . . . lots of possibilities!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: