Monday, July 22, 2013

Coffee and Friends are the Perfect Blend Card

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  It was a relatively quiet one for us -- still trying to catch up on everything post-vacation but did manage to sneak in a fun hike at a local lake with my guys (they were trying to fish, but didn't get any bites . . . just as well as far as I'm concerned!)  

Today's card is one I created for a recent new catalog card swap -- received some beautiful cards back from that, which will soon be added to my display boards for those of you who are local to see!  (If you are not local and would like to see photos of those, please leave me a comment or send me an email, and I'll see what I can do for you!)  Anyway, here's the card, made using the new Perfect Blend stamp set from the new Idea Book:



This is a Double Dutch fold card (there's an excellent tutorial for how to create this style of card here).  The base of it is Pool Party Card Stock, and the doors on the right side are created out of Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock.   I also used Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink for the stamping, Baked Brown Sugar card stock for the Artisan Label punched-piece behind the greeting, and there's a piece of the new Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle Stretch Trim peeking out from behind the greeting as well.  (Can you tell I'm loving this new In Color!?)


Along with the Ruffle Trim, I used some This and That Epic Day Washi Tape and a Vintage Faceted Designer Button with some Linen Thread tied through it to dress up the card.



For the coffee, I stamped the image several times on Very Vanilla as well as a couple different patterns of the Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper (be sure to stock up on it during the buy 3 get 1 free sale from now through July 31st!) before fussy cutting and paper piecing it.

For the color behind the coffee, the Circle Collection framelits came in handy to cut a mask one size smaller than the framelit I used to die cut the Vanilla layer.  Then, I sponged inside the mask, first with Daffodil Delight, followed by Crisp Cantaloupe, and finally Calypso Coral.

This card makes me want to call up some friends and head out for some coffee!  How about you?

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: