Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mixing It Up

One project I'm working on currently is taking a Scrappin' Kit that I received in a goody bag from Stampin' Up! right before Christmas (the Merry Moments Simply Scrappin' Kit from the 2012 Holiday Catalog, to be precise -- I believe it has also appeared recently on the Clearance Rack, though I don't think it is there at the moment), and creating at least 60 cards from it.  I've done classes like this before (like when we made these in a class a few years ago).  Basically, we cut the papers from the kit into as many 4 x 5-1/4" pieces as we can get, and then attach those to a card base . . . in this case, I decided to use Very Vanilla for my bases.  Then, you add leftover pieces of designer paper and card stock as well as the die cut adhesives included in the kits to the cards.  I also like to add other embellishments and stamped greetings.

For this kit, which is rather Christmas-y, I've been challenging myself to create cards that are good for most any occasion . . . not necessarily just the holidays.  

As I finish the cards, it has been fun to add some new elements as well as some older products from my stash (found in New Year's cleaning!) -- particularly the Petite Petals stamp set and punch (new in the Occasions 2014 Catalog!) -- but you'll see other current stamps, punches and framelits used as well.  Here are the first four I have completely finished:






What do you think?  Would you like to receive one of these?

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: