Friday, March 11, 2016

Bringing Birthdays Back Cards . . .

Happy Friday!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!  I've been having a great day of stamping so far!  And, am taking a break from prepping for my Bringing Birthdays Back card class (this Sunday, still have a space or two open . . . ) to pop in here and share four of the five cards we'll be making!  UPS delivered a package just a little bit ago with some papers I needed for the fifth card, so hopefully will be able to share that soon, too!

Here's a card I CASEd, with some color changes, from a card designed by Shannon West (the brilliant mind behind the #Imbringingbirthdaysback movement!)  In fact, if you'd like to read more about why she decided to bring birthdays back in her post here (and see the awesome #imbringingbirthdaysback stamp she created, which is now available here):


The next card is from page 38 of the Occasions Catalog (though I did change up the paper for the star die cut, and the greeting is from the Party Pants stamp set rather than Going Global):


I also designed this card for class, inspired by this card by Julie Davison, and using Balloon Celebration and the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper from Sale-a-Bration:


The photo doesn't show it, but the balloons have been painted with Wink of Stella, so they have a fun sparkle in real life!

And, last but not least, we'll be making one of my Embossing Folder Smash cards (such a fun technique, I just had to include it!):



Which is your favorite of these cards?  Leave me a comment and let me know!  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Connie Monahan said...

I can't wait to try the embossing fold smash card technique with the butterflys!

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Can't wait for you to try it! It's so much fun!!!