Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy Easter (And, Hostess Appreciation Tea: Bunnies, Chicks, and Butterflies, Oh My!)

Happy Easter!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Here I am, back again, sharing another of the projects from last weekend's Hostess Appreciation Tea. These are Easter and Spring-themed favor boxes, that I created with the Curvy Keepsakes die (one of my favorites!).  The ideas for these came from boxes I'd seen on Pinterest.

The first is a butterfly box, patterned after these boxes by Erica Cerwin.   She created her gorgeous boxes in a variety of bright colors.  I used Watermelon Wonder for my boxes, and while I love the polka dots on her boxes, I decided to use the beautiful and spring-y flower and butterfly images from the Flowering Fields stamp set (available only for a few more days during Sale-a-Bration):



The butterflies are cut with the Butterflies Thinlits Dies, out of Watermelon Wonder card stock and vellum.


(I loved how they fit in my Perpetual Calendar box!)

I also created these funny bunny boxes, inspired by this bunny box by Wendy Lee.  My bunny's ears are created with the Festive Flower Builder Punch, the circles and heart for his face were punched with the Owl Builder Punch, and his massive paws were made from Oval Punches:


And, last but not least, were these fun chick boxes, inspired by these boxes by Carol Lovenstein:


Here are the boxes as works in progress on my crafting table:


And, here they all are on display at the tea, waiting to be taken home:



It was so much fun to put these together!  Hope they'll inspire you to create some fun goodie boxes of your own!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Michelle! I repurposed the watermelon wonder butterfly. Guess where it went? It's the cenral item on 3X3 card #9 to finish up my 12X12 spring sampler! The sampler is gracing my wall now. It turned out so beautiful!
Hugs,
Connie S