Monday, July 3, 2017

A Bit of Summer Cleaning Cont'd -- New Creations with Banner Surprise Paper Pumpkin Kit

As you might remember from my last post, I've been doing a bit of summer craft room cleaning, which has included catching up on and reducing my number of unfinished Paper Pumpkin kits!  If only all cleaning could be so fun!  ;)  

The next Paper Pumpkin kit I picked up is the Banner Surprise Kit from June 2016, and this one is actually also still available in the Online Store, although only while supplies last . . . and you can see the full kit here and the refill kit here

I started by cutting the card bases apart to use as layers.  This is a relatively simple card I created using the circle element, stamped with images from the kit's stamp set, the washi tape from the kit, and gold star stickers from the kit (inspiration for this card came from Pinterest -- you can see my board with alternate ideas for this kit here):



Next, I decided to do a variation on that idea, with flowers and leaves from the new Oh So Eclectic Bundle:


I used Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Early Espresso, and Peekaboo Peach inks on this card.

Then, I decided to create some shaker cards with this kit and the fabulous sequins that come in it!  I used the Frozen Treats Framelits and coordinating Cool Treats stamp set with my Paper Pumpkin kit materials to create these cards:







I also decided to make some shaker cupcakes with the dies from the new Coffee Cafe bundle:



Not content to let the die cut pieces from the shaker cards go to waste, I created a few more cards with those, and used the paper from the kit's envelopes for the backgrounds and layers embossed with the Softly Falling folder:


The friend die cut is from the Lovely Words Thinlits Dies.







Hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed making them!  Definitely some summery-sweet cards, right?!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle







No comments: