Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Forever Fern Cards from March SUper Friends Gathering

 Happy Tuesday!  My SUper Friends group got together on Sunday, and we had a very special make and take!  My friend Jean had shown me a wonderful card class by Gail Ellis, which you can see here, where she made 4 gorgeous cards in 30 minutes using the Forever Fern stamp set and coordinating dies plus other supplies, and I adapted that class for our gathering!   Because of our numbers and time constraints, we used a half sheet of card stock for stamping our own background paper and made two cards .  I had die cuts and layers ready to go, so every one could focus on stamping and assembling.  

Here are my sample cards for the class:  







I used the same colors that Gail did in her class -- Basic White, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana.  I changed things up though for the embossing folder used on the Whisper White layers -- I used one of the new Basics 3D Embossing Folders from the online exclusives (these are temporarily sold out, but should be returning sometime around May 1st).   In addition to Forever Fern, I used the Quiet Meadow stamp set for stamping the background words and splatter as well as some of the greetings.  I also used the Decorative Borders stamp set.  Other greetings came from Something Fancy and Graceful Tiles.  Die cut pieces are from the Brilliant Wings set, Desert DetailsDeckled Rectangles, Stylish Shapes, Radiating Stitches, Meadow Dies, and Scalloped Contours Dies.  

Gail showed samples in her class made using Flirty Flamingo and Petal Pink instead of Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana, and I decided to make some using that color combination as well and Very Vanilla instead of Basic White.  This time for embossing, I used Timeworn Type and Painted Texture folders.  I also mixed in some die cut hexagons from the Beautiful Shapes dies.  








These were so fun to make!   Which is your favorite of the two color combinations?

I'm looking forward to making more of this style card and have some ideas for other stamp sets to use and other color combinations to try.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle  


No comments: