Thursday, January 28, 2016

Paper Pumpkin One Great Year in Cards!

Whoops!  Didn't mean to take a blog-cation there!  Has been a busy couple weeks of stampin' events with Sale-a-Bration going on, so my poor blog has been neglected . . . sorry about that!  To make it up to you today, I have lots of photos to share of cards I created using the One Great Year Paper Pumpkin kit from December.  Looking forward to breaking into this month's kit at my Paper Pumpkin Power Hour tomorrow . . . if you are in the area, hope you'll come over for a fun morning of crafting (even if you didn't get a Paper Pumpkin kit this month).

I decided when I got the One Great Year kit that I didn't really need a calendar, but the pieces in the kit would make some gorgeous cards.  I ended up dividing the backgrounds for each month in half, then layering them onto either Crumb Cake or Whisper White thick card stock or another color coordinating with the kit colors (Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, and Blackberry Bliss, which I also used to create layers), and embellishing.  For a couple pieces, I initially tried to start with 4 x 4" and 2 x 4" pieces, but didn't like how the squares looked, so cut those down.  Had I not done that, I think I could have gotten about 24 cards out of the kit.  I ended up with 22 -- not too bad!  Here they are:

























Greetings are from the All Shook Up December 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit, the Tin of Cards stamp set, the What I Love set from Sale-a-Bration, and Helping me Grow from the Occasions Catalog.  The last card also has a few Botanical Builders flowers.  And, the butterflies are from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set, cut with the coordinating Bitty Butterfly Punch.  The hearts were cut with the Sweetheart Punch.

If you aren't already a Paper Pumpkin subscriber and would like to learn more or sign up, be sure to click here to go to my Paper Pumpkin website!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: