Sunday, May 5, 2024

Wildflower Weekend!

This ended up being kind of a wildflower weekend for me.  Yesterday was rainy, which gave me a chance to catch up on some papercrafting projects, including finally creating cards with some of the papers I had made with flowers from around my yard. I ended up picking out a few card stock colors to work with that I thought went well with the colors that pressed out of the flowers -- Petunia Pop, Blackberry Bliss, Balmy Blue and Pretty Peacock.  I used Thick Basic White for the card bases, as that was the same card stock used for the pressed flower pieces.  The next largest card stock layer was embossed with either the Exposed Brick 3D Folder, Fern Folder, or Distressed Tile Folder.  Greetings came from the Blueberry Bunches stamp set, Meandering Meadows Suite, and the Thanks and Beyond Paper Pumpkin add on dies.  Here are the 8 cards I made:






























 

Then, today ended up being sunny, so Greg and I drove up into the mountains for a hike and saw some beautiful wildflowers.  Here are some of my favorite photos from that:







Hope you had a great weekend, too!  

- Michelle

No comments: