Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Enjoy the Journey -- pull tab card

Hello!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  We had a fun one here -- spent a lot of time outdoors, even though our Northern California weather is seriously cooler than usual!  We're even getting rain again today! 
Anyway, Marlene and I recently swapped again, and one of the challenges in that swap was to create a card that moved.   One of the sets I had to have from the Summer Mini is the Pedaling Past set -- love the different bicycle images!  And, I thought it would be really fun to create a card where you could pull a bicycle across the card front.  Here's my final card with the bicycle built for two in starting position:



And, here's how it looks after it has been pulled across the card:



For the card, I used a Bashful Blue card base, and then layered on Whisper White, Pacific Point, and another layer of Bashful Blue.  The bicycle image was stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White and punched out with the Large Oval punch.  I liked that the new Bitty Buttons fit on the wheels!  Thought that was a fun way to add some more dimension to the card.  I also used Vanilla Smooch Spritz to add some sparkle! 

I think this would be a fun card for a wedding!  Or, if you substitute the tricycle image, you could make a fun baby card . . . or even a birthday card  . . . lots of possibilities!!!

I'll be back soon with a tutorial for how to make this kind of pull tab card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Thanks for the idea, Michelle. I am going to have to play with the "pull" idea. Love it.
Marlene Caravello