Friday, July 23, 2010

"Tea"rific Card for Hostess Club

For hostess club this month, I chose two sample cards from the new Idea Book and Catalog to CASE (stamper-speak for Copy And Share Everything), but we didn't copy exactly -- I wanted to make some changes to the cards to incorporate some of my favorite new products.   The first card we made is a CASE of the card on page 214 (or 216 in the online version of the catalog).

 


I changed the color of the card base to Blushing Bride, and we sponged the embossed image from the gorgeous new Elegant Lines Embossing Folder with Early Espresso Ink, to give a soft, shabby chic look. 

The images on the tag we created are from the new Morning Cup stamp set (love this one so much!!!)   I have the clear mount set, and love being able to see what I'm doing through the block to line them up.  Here's a close up of the tag:



You can see that the teacup image looks a little fuzzy . . . I used an Aquapainter to pull some of the stamped ink inside the teacup to shade it.  I also added a touch of Blush Blossom ink in the flowers. 

The close up also gives a good view of the Paper Daisy we added to the tag.  We colored these by sponging on Blush Blossom ink.  I added just a hint of color to mine, but others had fun adding more.  Here's a photo that shows some of the variations (all were colored with the same ink -- the difference is in how much ink was applied):



Don't you love the pearls in the centers, too?!  I'm so glad we have them now . . . and love how many come on a package.  I've made lots of cards with these pearls, and still have lots left to use!

You can also see that we substituted the Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon for the Certainly Celery on the card in the Idea Book.  (Yes, this is why in my photo of my ribbon in the post about my ribbon shares, there is noticably less Early Espresso!)   And, to attach the tag to the Espresso Ribbon, we used a piece cut from the edge of the new Victoria Crochet trim.  (Found that idea in the new Idea Book, too, although can't find the page at the moment!)  Here's how we did it:

1.  We started with a 4-6 inch pieces of the Victoria Crochet trim.


2.  Then, using what I call my Ribbon Cutters (Stampin' Up! calls these "Craft & Paper Scissors, and while they are great for everything, I love how smoothly and cleanly they cut through ribbon -- and try to use them only for that!), we trimmed off the border on the edge:


3.  The finished product, ready to go through the tag and be tied around the Satin Ribbon: 


Note:  You can trim the piece off the other side to use as well.  And, the center piece is still fun to use, too!  You can see what I did with that in an upcoming post! 

Thanks for stopping by!

-- Michelle

No comments: