Monday, May 16, 2016

Botanical Blooms Card Tote

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was good -- enjoyed watching my husband coach our younger son's baseball team at their game on Saturday (our son is still sidelined from his broken arm about 6 weeks ago, but should be back to playing soon).  Then, yesterday, highlights were time spent with friends at a nearby park and then a painting moms' night out!!!  

I've started playing with some items from the 2016-17 Catalog that I was able to preorder, and look forward to showing you what I'm making soon.  In the meantime, I want to share a fun project that I created for my most recent swap with my friend Marlene -- and which was so fun to make and would make such a great gift (for birthdays, teacher appreciation, etc...!), will be one of my upcoming classes!  I've been wanting to create one of these purses ever since I received Margery's fabulous purse at our SUper Friends swap in December.  For this project, I wanted a purse the right size to hold at least 4 A2 size cards (4-1/4 by 5-1/2" inch cards), and through a Pinterest search, found a great tutorial for that on Connie Tumm's blog here.

For my purse and matching cards, I used one of the gorgeous tropical floral designs from the Botanical Gardens Designer Paper (only available while supplies last, and definitely retiring May 31st), and dressed up with flowers die cut with the Botanical Builder Framelits dies and tags from the April Paper Pumpkin kit:


Here's the bag without the cards and envelopes:

And here's a peek inside:



Here are a couple of the coordinating cards I created:



And, here's the whole set on display (the stamped white papers in the front are coordinating envelopes):



What do you think?  Would you like to give or receive this as a gift?  Please leave a comment and let me know!  I love hearing from you.

Hope you can join me for this class!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: