Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Love Owl-Ways Wedding Card

It's hard to believe it is already almost a week and a half since my brother's wedding!  Both Greg and I were in the wedding party, and we had a wonderful time celebrating with my brother, his beautiful bride, and our family and friends who were able to be there -- even despite the cold and snowy weather (which I should add, my little guys loved)!  

I wanted to create a super-special wedding card for the happy couple, and decided to do something fancy and formal outside and something a little more fun and with some owls on the inside.  I also decided to create a square card, and it was fun to create a matching envelope for it using my Envelope Punch Board (wish I'd taken a better photo of just the envelope!  Sorry about that . . . used some retired Presto Patterns Designer Paper, that had a white pattern embossed on white for it, and really like how that turned out.  So, fun to be able to create just the size envelope you want and use fun papers for it with the Envelope Punch Board!)  

Anyway, I incorporated the wedding colors which were Navy and Purple by using Night of Navy card stock for the base, with a layer of Pale Plum, and then Whisper White card stock (should have used Shimmer White, but didn't think of that until too late!!!)   Here's the front:


I stamped images from the Background Builders stamp set in Silver Encore ink along the bottom.  The "congratulations" is also stamped in Silver Encore and is from the Express Yourself hostess set.  I die cut the heart using the Heart Framelits, and embossed it using the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (in the Clearance Rack right now . . . while supplies last!  Check here to see if it is still available).  The "Mr. & Mrs." piece is from the Label Love set, heat embossed in silver, then punched out with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch.  I added a bit of Silver Ribbon, and a retired ribbon slide, with a Large Rhinestone Jewel attached to the top.

Here's the inside:


I created the owls using the Owl Builder Punch, with some inspiration from other owl wedding cards I found on Pinterest.  The heart shape frame is a piece of vellum that I die cut using the Heart Framelits.  And, the piece on the side says "Happy Big Day" and is from the Chalk Talk stamp set, heat embossed in silver, and die cut with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelit.

I also wanted to create something special for my new sister-in-law that could be her "something old, something new, . . . something blue," and so stitched up this handkerchief for her:




Here's another one that I made for my mom:


And, of course, had to package it up in one of the awesome Decorative Window Gift Boxes with a bit of Night of Navy Satin Ribbon (retired) around it.



If the red box in the background looks a bit familiar to you, that's because it is a Paper Pumpkin box (I love those -- they're so sturdy and great for safely carrying cards and projects on the go -- so I do save and reuse them as you can see here -- was taking photos in the airport while waiting for our flight!)  And, speaking of Paper Pumpkin, there is a special perk available for members only right now, while supplies last -- some past kits and refills are available to purchase!  You can see which ones here (and if you haven't signed up yet, now's a great time . . . not only will you receive a free set of In Color markers, you'll be eligible to purchase past kits and refills!  Read more about My Paper Pumpkin here.)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Michelle

No comments: