Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tea-riffic!

Hi!  Yesterday, I finished watching the next-to-last episode of Downton Abbey, and I'm sad to think there's only one more episode to go!  So, in honor of that, it seemed appropriate to share a tea cup card!  

Here it is:


The card base is Soft Sky, with another layer of Soft Sky on top of that, which is embossed with the Elegant Dots Textured Impressions Folder.  The tea cup and greeting are from the Nice Cuppa stamp set.  The heart-shaped steam and tea cup were cut out using the Cups & Kettles Framelits dies.  (Nice Cuppa and the Cups & Kettles Framelits dies are available as a bundle here (for a savings of 15% off!)  I stamped the tea cup in So Saffron, and added the flowers (in shades of Melon Mambo, stamped off) and leaves (Cucumber Crush) from the Number of Years stamp set.  Here's a close up so you can see that a bit better:



Hard to see in the photo, but I also added a bit of Wink of Stella to the flower centers and cup details, so it sparkles!

The "tablecloth" is vellum from the Sale-a-Bration Botanical Gardens Vellum Stack.  The tea bag is cut from a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock, and I used one of the mini staples to attach a bit of White Baker's Twine to it.

Hmm, all this talk about tea makes me want to grab a cuppa right now . . . how about you?  Will you join me?

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: