Friday, July 20, 2018

A Delightfully Detailed Pair of Thank Yous

I am really loving the Delightfully Detailed Specialty Paper!  You might remember that yesterday's card featured Delightfully Detailed Specialty Paper in combination with the Animal Expedition paper.  Well, today I have a pair of cards to show you that I created using the Delightfully Detailed paper as a stencil with Brusho.  

I should have taken photos of the process for creating these!  Basically, though, I cut out the section of the Delightfully Detailed paper that I wanted, then laid it over a piece of watercolor paper.  I sprinkled Yellow and Gamboge (orange) Brusho powder over the flower areas, then spritzed carefully with water (the Stampin' Spritzers work very well for this).  Next, I sprinkled the Moss Green Brusho on the foliage, and spritzed.  Here's how the two pieces came out:



I finished these pieces into two bright and happy thank you cards:


Both cards have Thick Whisper White card bases, then layers of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and the new Mango Melody card stock.  Greetings are stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on pieces of Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Labels Framelits dies.  I also used the dreamy new Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon on both cards.

Now for close ups of these cards!  Here's the one created with the negative image first:


On this one, I embossed the Daffodil Delight card stock with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The greeting is from the Enjoy Life Photopolymer set.

For the second card, I carefully attached the "stencil" piece using small dots of Tombo Multi in strategic spots on the back of it (another technique would have been to gently spong the Multi around the back of the piece, taking care not to shift the piece and get glue on the front in the process).  


You might notice a bit of stitching at the bottom of the Pumpkin Pie "frame" on this card -- I used a die from the Stitched Labels Framelits to create that.  The greeting is from the Varied Vases stamp set, and the little butterfly is from the Enjoy Life Photopolymer set.  The striped Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss strip of paper is from the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.

I decorate the insides of the cards with some coordinating pieces of paper and more of the little butterflies from the Enjoy Life Photopolymer set:
 



I think I should try this technique again and either make a video or take more photos along the way!  How about you?

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: