Monday, July 17, 2023

You're the Best Cards from Creativity Now

 Back in June, I had the opportunity to attend a fun virtual event for Stampin' Up! demonstrators called Creativity Now!  We had a number of presentations to watch, including some fun sneak peeks, and stamped along to create some beautiful cards with the Translucent Floral stamp set and dies, which is a sneak peek of a set coming in the September to December Catalog!

In a little bit of backwards order, I'm starting by showing you an alternate card I made after the event, adding centers to the flowers and a vase from the June Paper Pumpkin kit, cut with the die cut add ons:


I chose Midnight Muse for the vase and flower centers, as I thought that was a nice compliment to the Poppy Parade and Garden Green on the flowers and stems, and made for a fun color combo on cards to send out around July 4th.

Here's a closer view:  

And, here's the card with its matching envelope:

Here is the stepped up version of the card we created during Creativity Now, using a fun technique of stamping vellum and layering that over stamped images:


And, here is the "original" version of the card we created during Creativity Now:


Here are the original and stepped up versions side by side:



Which of these do you like best?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

- Michelle

No comments: