Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CAS Fall Thank You Cards

Here are a couple of clean-and-simple-style thank you notes I recently created, inspired by a beautiful card by Lisa Dolson, who was one of the winners of Stampin' Up!'s October demonstrator art contest. 
 
These cards are made using Stampin' Up!'s Note Cards & Envelopes for the base.  I added a 4.75" x 3-1/4" layer of Whisper White, from which I die cut the window using one of the Labels Framelits.  I tried two different embossing folders for dressing up the window layer.  The first is the Chevron Folder:
 
 

And, second, I tried the Woodgrain Folder (from the Holiday Catalog):


Which do you like best?  It's a close call, but I think the Woodgrain is my favorite.

The leaves are two-step stamped images from the Gently Falling stamp set.  I used the Rock n Roll technique for the solid image.  (Summer Starfruit and Old Olive ink for the smallest leaf, More Mustard and Cajun Craze for the maple leaf, and Lucky Limeade with Island Indigo for the oak leaf.)  The outline of the leaves is Soft Suede. 

The "thank you" image is from the Perfectly Penned stamp set, and is stamped in Soft Suede ink.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: