Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Little Kindness, and a Lot of Layers!


Today's card is another one created for a Wow Swap, though back in November/December 2014, and that time was a technique swap -- just discovered the photos again today and realized I hadn't shared them here yet.  Here's how my card turned out:
 
 
 
There are not only quite a few layers but also quite a few techniques on this card!  I actually took photos while I was assembling it, so you could see what the different stages looked like.  I started with a Pink Pirouette card base, then added a layer of Very Vanilla, stamped with a collage of various images from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set:
 

The sunburst image is "rock n rolled" . . . inked first with So Saffron, and then rolled around the rays in Pink Pirouette ink.  Hard to tell from the photo, but the rest of the images are actually stamped in Encore Gold ink

On top of this, I added two split panel layers -- on bottom, Early Espresso, and on top of that, pieces of Very Vanilla, which I had embossed using the Modern Mosaic Folder, inked with Pink Pirouette, and then very carefully stamped with the Dictionary Background stamp, inked with Early Espresso.  I left the stamp face up on the table, then carefully placed the card stock on it, and ran a wide stylus gently over the embossed areas (you can see my results are not perfect, but it's still a neat effect!):


Here's how the card looks with only one panel and the greeting on it (sorry about the strange colors on these photos -- lighting in my house isn't great.  That's why I usually try to do photos out in natural light when I can!):


And, here's another one of the finished card:


I used one of the Apothecary Accents framelits to die cut the Very Vanilla piece for the greeting, and sponged Gold Encore Ink around it, after stamping the greeting in Early Espresso ink.  The pink Pirouette flower is punched using the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  There's a Soft Subtle Candy Dot in the center.  I fussy cut the gold-stamped leaf that peeks out from under the flower.  The butterfly is created using stamps from the Kinda Eclectic set, punched out with the coordinating Elegant and Bitty Butterfly Punches.  A line of Pearl Jewels creates the body. 

The ribbon on the card in the bottom photo is a little lighter than on the top card because I dyed this one myself -- it's Very Vanilla Seam Binding colored with Pink Pirouette ink refill, whereas the card in the very first photo has Pink Pirouette Seam Binding ribbon.  Both cards have a bit of the Venetian Crochet Trim peeking out from under the right side panel.

How do you like this card?  Which is your favorite of the techniques I used?  Hope I inspired you to give at least one of them a try on your next card!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: