Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lots of Layers of Gratitude

While my youngest son was playing in a chess tournament on Saturday, I had a chance to whip out the March Paper Pumpkin and start playing with it at last!  I love embroidery, so I've had fun with that part of the kit.  Hopefully will have some photos to show you soon of what I've been making with that.  In the meantime, I'm finally ready to show you some of my projects with the February Paper Pumpkin kit, Layers of Gratitude.  And, as a bonus, I also have a project to show you by my super-creative friend Joyce!

First up is the project I made following the kit's instructions:


Here's the first panel of the card a little closer up:


I love the crayon-box-like envelopes that come in the kit!  I dressed mine up with the baker's twine from the kit, plus some flowers, made with a combination of punches and dies.  (Specifically, the Pansy Punch, Petite Petal punch, Itty Bitty Accents flower, and the leaf die cut from the Bouquet Bigz L Die):



The largest flower on the bottom has a pompom from the Calypso Coral PomPom Trim in the center.  The other centers are Pearl Jewels (colored with Blendabilities on the Itty Bitty Accents flowers on the bottom envelope).

The kit comes with 8 envelopes and accordion cards.  As a hostess gift and door prizes at a workshop a while back, I decided to give these boxes, which I filled with note cards (you can get 4 out of 1 of the accordion-style cards in the kit):






The ribbons are from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (Sale-a-Bration).  The flowers were created with the Fun Flower Punch.  The centers are stamped with the Round Array set, cut using the 7/8" Scallop Circle.  In the center, I added a Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Sticker.  Love how it coordinates perfectly with the center circle of the stamp!!!

The boxes opened to reveal these:


I created the envelopes using Craft Card Stock and the Envelope Punch Board.  Here's a close up of some of the notes:






I used either Pearl Jewels or Candy Dots to embellish the centers of my Itty Bitty Accents Punch flowers.

And, last, but definitely not least, is the fun St. Patrick's Day treat I received from my wonderful friend Joyce!  Here's what she created with supplies from her kit and more:






Love it!!!!  Thanks so much, Joyce!!!!

Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber?  If so, I hope you are having as much fun making the projects in your kits as I am.   If not, what are you waiting for?  Sign up today (you kind find out more information about Paper Pumpkin here)!  Subscribers can purchase past kits as well, while supplies last!  You can see which kits are still available here

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: