Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Alternate Projects

A couple days ago, I showed you these treat bags I created with the Mini Treat Bag die.  Well, when I started using the die, it occurred to me that if I cut pieces and put them together in different ways, I could get some different types of treat bags. 

If you cut two of the largest pieces of the treat bag (a side and flap), score on each flap, then attach the flap of one piece to the side of the main piece, you can end up with a basket that looks like this:


I attached a base in the bottom (using the bottom flaps from the treat bag to hold it in place).  The paper used on this basket is from the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (available during Sale-a-Bration, or now until April 30th, if you purchase a Butterfly Bundle).  The flower is cut with the Bouquet Bigz Die.

If you take two of the flap pieces and attach them together, you end up with a cute little treat bag like this, that's the perfect size for some pencils or candies (maybe licorice or pixie stick type candies):


The paper used here is the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper.  The tag was cut, using some of the "extra" dies that come with the Mini Treat Bag Framelits, out of Strawberry Slush and Soft Sky card stock.  Ribbons are Blackberry Bliss 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon and the Soft Sky from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine.

At a workshop I attended, one of the gals suggested that it would be fun to create a treat bag out of Window Sheets, and so I tried that and created this; however, I don't know that I'd recommend it, as the Window Sheet was a bit too thick for the die (I'm afraid my framelits haven't cut quite the same since . . . ).  I do like how the bag turned out, though:





After die cutting, I embossed the Window Sheet with the Happy Heart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  To adhere the Window Sheet pieces together, I used Fast Fuse -- clear and strong, so it did the trick well!  I added a strip of Beach House Washi Tape (retiring) around the outside of the bag.  The hearts on the front are Real Red and Pink Pirouette Card Stock, die cut using the retiring Hearts a Flutter Framelits.

Hope you like these ideas!  Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: