Friday, September 6, 2024

Two-Fer Friday! Playing Along with GDP461 Color Challenge

 The Global Design Project has a fun color challenge this week (GDP 461).  The colors are Gorgeous Grape, Lemon-Lime Twist and Basic Black.  I decided to play along with the challenge and create some backgrounds using the Packaging Technique along with Gorgeous Grape and Lemon Lime Twist.  Instead of rubbing alcohol though, I accidentally ended up using spritzers of water on the two backgrounds I created.  I liked the look and was able to create two cards with them.  

My first take on this color combo is a Halloween card with the Potions and Spells Bundle.  I watercolored the raven, cauldron and cat using Memento Ink refill.  I used Lemon-Lime Twist Stampin' Blends to color the cat's eyes and the cauldron handle.  For a finishing touch, I added some fine tipped glue on the cauldron and bubbles. 






Then, I decided to create a non-Halloween card with the Winterly Treetops Bundle and Changing Leaves embossing folder.  I thought it would be fun to use Lemon-Lime Twist Blends to color the birds.  Then, I used Gorgeous Grape Watercolor Pencils on the berries and to add some shading to the birds and the branch.  I inked up the Changing Leaves embossing folder with Gorgeous Grape before embossing my background.  





Which of these cards do you like best?  


No comments: