Sunday, September 1, 2024

Changing Leaves and the STTC Guest Designer Challenge!

 Stampin' Through the Catalog has a fun guest designer challenge this week!  The guest designer is Sherry Roth @sherrystamps, and she created a beautiful scrapbook page for the challenge.  I really enjoyed watching the wonderful creations that Melody, Cindy and Kaitlyn made during their live on Friday as well.  You can see the replay here.

I also was fascinated by Sherry's packaging technique on her scrapbook page, so watched her video on that and decided to use that for the background on my card.  I used Misty Moonlight to create my background.




I loved the greens of Sherry's designer series paper combined with the blues in her photos, so decided to use those colors for designer series paper on my card as well.  I selected a green piece of designer series paper from the Season of Green and Gold, and the blue piece is from the Wildly Flowering Designer Series Paper.  I tore the edges of my designer series paper, and layered it carefully to not hide too much of the inked background.  

 I also used the Changing Leaves Bundle along with some Woven Golden Leaves behind the open leaf die cuts and Gold Mercury Vellum backed with a  Wild Wheat die cut piece for the smaller trio of leaves.  For finishing touches, I added a bit of the Wild Wheat Rustic Striped Ribbon (with stripes pulled out and used on the card I showed yesterday -- here's the link if you'd like to check that out), plus some of the Pecan Pie Ribboned Adhesive Backed Dots.


- Michelle

No comments: