Saturday, August 31, 2024

Painted Petals for this week's Global Design Project Challenge!

This week's Global Design Project Challenge (GDP460) is a really fun CASE the Designer challenge!  I love the card designer Susan Wong created, and decided to try to copy her layout pretty closely.  I was especially excited to try to recreate the watercoloring and drips in the background!  I decided to use Old Olive for my background, but I think if I did it over again, I would want to try Pool Party for a bit more contrast with the flower.  I also lightly watercolored around the edge of the card base, beneath the watercolored layer. 





The flower and greeting are stamps from the July 2024 Painted Petals Paper Pumpkin kit.  I watercolored the flower with Melon Mambo and Old Olive inks.  

The Melon Mambo strips behind the flower and greeting are scraps from the Paper Pumpkin kit, which I stamped with the diagonal stripe stamp from the kit.  

The strings were pulled out of the new Wild Wheat Rustic Striped Ribbon, gathered back together in a rough loop, and fastened between the greeting and card with dimensionals.  

For the finishing touch to the front, I added some of the Pretty in Pink Shimmer Gems around the card front and a Peach Pie gem in the center of the largest flower.

I also added some watercolored splatters and a stamped and watercolored flower on the inside of the card:




Such a fun challenge!  Hope you'll consider playing along, too!  

- Michelle

No comments: