Sunday, August 4, 2024

Country Birdhouse Treat Boxes Part 4 - Purple Finches (Plus, all 4 Boxes Together!)

This is the fourth birdhouse treat box I made using directions from Brenda Quintana (here's the link if you'd like to check those out and see the wonderful In Color boxes she created!).    






For this box, I started with a Crumb Cake base.  I added another pattern from the Country Woods Designer Series paper for the front of the house.  This time, I decided to color the trim around the roof with Blends and a white marker.  This roof is Crumb Cake Card Stock, which I embossed with the crosshatch pattern from the Basics 3D Embossing Folders.  

For the birds, made with the Country Birdhouse Bundle, I decided to try to color like Purple Finches.  I have seen these in my yard, and watched them try to build a nest on top of our under eaves TV antenna.  They work so hard, and the female bird loves to try to add lavendar and other flowers to the nest -- unfortunately, there is a slope to our antennae that makes it nearly impossible for the nest to stay there.  The birds have only successfully created a nest and raised a family in it one time.  But, I digress!  I colored these finches with Bubble Bath and Melon Mambo blends, and added some details with my black Stampin' Write Marker.      

The flowers are die cuts from the Country Birdhouse Bundle and the Country Flowers Bundle.  I also colored these with Stampin' Blends (Old Olive, Bubble Bath, Melon Mambo, and Peach Parfait).  I added dots of Copper Enamel Effects in some of the flower centers.


Here are all four of the different houses I created, first with the different embossed roofs, and then with the front views of the houses together:




Hope you have enjoyed these!  Which was your favorite of these houses?

- Michelle

No comments: