Saturday, August 3, 2024

Country Birdhouse Treat Box Part 3 - Mountain Bluebirds

Today I am sharing the third birdhouse treat box I have finished, again using directions from Brenda Quintana (here's the link if you'd like to check those out and see the wonderful In Color boxes she created!).    





For this box, I started with a Pecan Pie base.  I added another pattern from the Country Woods Designer Series paper, and for this one, decided to add that pattern all around the house.  This time I added a stamped Basic White die cut for trim around the roof.  The roof is Crumb Cake Card Stock embossed, which I embossed with the Exposed Brick Embossing Folder, then sponged with Pecan Pie ink.  

The birds, made with the Country Birdhouse Bundle, are colored with Pool Party and Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends.  I think maybe these are closest to mountain bluebirds.  This time, I decided to have one of the birds perched on the little cork rounds I added under the birdhouse opening.    

The flowers are die cuts from the Country Flowers Bundle.  I also colored these with Stampin' Blends (Lemon Lolly, Old Olive and Melon Mambo).

- Michelle


No comments: