Tuesday, June 25, 2024

A Winterly Treetops Thank You for the June Stampin' Up! Creative Challenge

This month's Stampin' Up! Creative Challenge is a card sketch challenge, with a choice from two of the sketches in the new catalog (page 22).  I finally had a chance to play along today!


I chose the "this" layout, and I decided to combine it with some Sneak Peek items -- the Winterly Treetops Bundle from Creativity Now this weekend, plus three sneak peek items from next month's Online Exclusive release (the Changing Leaves Bundle, Gold Mercury Vellum, and Season of Green and Gold Designer Series Paper).  My card base is Blackberry Bliss, and there is another layer of it that is embossed with the folder from the Changing Leaves Bundle, though that is hard to see in my photos).  There is also some Granny Apple Green behind the Gold Mercury Vellum on the largest circle.   




Here's the inside of the card.  I added a strip of embossed Blackberry Bliss along with a strip of the Mercury Vellum:


And, here are some closer looks at the card front:



The circles were cut with dies from the Spotlight on Nature Bundle and Changing Leaves Bundle.  I colored the bird and branches with Stampin' Blends (mostly the 2023-2025 In Colors, but also some Peach Pie from the newest In Colors!). 

Much as I am enjoying summer, the rich fall colors and different textures on this one make me very happy! 

Hope you'll join me in playing along with this sketch challenge!  I may try to do a "that" card as well.  Which of the layout sketches is your favorite?


- Michelle

No comments: