Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Changing Leaves Meets Country Birdhouse for Stampin' Through the Catalog's Challenge!

I finished a card today for this month's Stampin' Through the Catalog CASE the designer challenge.  This month's designer is Jay Soriano, and he's an amazing artist.  I really enjoy his work, and the card he created for this challenge is wonderful!  I decided to copy his card's layout and colors, plus some elements like embossing in the background, the folded ribbon behind the fussy cut greeting, and the idea of adding elements cut with the roof die from the Country Birdhouse Dies.  





I used the Changing Leaves Bundle (which will be available as part of next month's Online Exclusive release) to emboss the background and create the letterpressed leaves.  I used Blueberry Bushel ink on the embossing folder, and used the hybrid embossing folder to cut and emboss the leaves from one of the Full of Life Designer Series Paper patterns.  The small flowers were die cut from the same paper using dies from the Country Birdhouse dies.  And, I added dots in the flower centers and on the Peach Pie die cut elements using Copper Metallic Enamel Effects.  

I used leftover bits to decorate the inside of the card as well.


Please let me know if you have any questions about how I made this card!  Thanks to Jay and the Stampin' Through the Catalog crew for the inspiration for this card!  

- Michelle

No comments: