Thursday, April 25, 2024

Simply Sparkling STTC Guest Designer CASE

 Last week, Stampin Through the Catalog had Maheswari Rajaguru as a guest designer, and I love the card she created (I think you should be able to see it here)!  I particularly love the layout that she used, the rich colors, layering, embossing and splattering!  

I decided to play along, and thought it would be fun to challenge myself to use the Simply Sparkling bundle along with the Drizzling Droplets background stamp and the new Dotted Circles Embossing Folder (available starting May 1st).  I used die cuts to add lots of layers, and then the White Pearlized Enamel Effects to add some sheen to some of the "bubbles" and the straw.  I also used the enamel effects to add 3D centers to the flowers, which are die cut with the Hearts and Hugs dies (available starting May 1st).  

My card base is Lost Lagoon, the long strip along the left side is Pretty Peacock, the bubbles are cut from Pool Party, the half circles behind the soda can are Petunia Pop (cut with the Spotlight on Nature dies), and the "You're Soda-lightful" pieces are Fresh Freesia card stock scrap pieces leftover from die cuts with the Garden Meadows arch die (funny how bits and pieces around my desk influenced how this card came together!  Does that ever happen to you, too?).





I decorated the inside of the card with coordinating pieces:


And, I love how large the new Dotted Circles Embossing Folder is -- you can emboss the whole card base with it!


Here's a little detail view of some of the Pearlized Enamel Effects in the flower centers and for the bubbles:


This reminds me I also added some gems leftover from the December 2023 Paper Pumpkin kit around the card front, too!

I enjoyed this challenge!  Hope you are inspired to give it a try, too.  Please let me know if you do!

- Michelle

No comments: