Thursday, October 3, 2024

Reindeer Fun Christmas Card

Here's a full reveal of the other card we made at our Open House on Saturday!  For this card, we used the Reindeer Fun Bundle with some traditional Christmas colors.  





The belly and tail of the deer were colored with a white watercolor pencil, and we added a bit of color in the ears with Flirty Flamingo watercolor pencil as well.  

The bell is stamped on Gold Mercury Vellum with Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored with Real Red Stampin' Blends.  This didn't go smoothly at the open house as for some reason, the ink went straight to the back of the vellum!  I thought maybe I'd used Black Stazon for my sample, but checked when I returned home and my Black Stazon is still awaiting reinking, so couldn't have been that!  Not quite sure why that was happening -- only other thing I can think is that the lighting was brighter at the open house than in my stamping space at home, and that made the ink soaking to the back more obvious?  Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: