Thursday, October 12, 2023

Catching Up! Creating Along with Stampin' Up!'s World Card Making Day Videos

 Hi!  I'm getting caught back up after being away to visit my oldest son at his college in Texas this weekend!  I enjoyed watching Stampin' Up!'s World Card Making Day videos and crafting along with the different projects.  Here are how my cards turned out:


If you've seen the videos, you might recognize that I followed along exactly with one and used different stamps, punches, and dies on the other two!

The first card we created was one for which Stampin' Up!'s presenters used the Circle Sayings bundle.  I don't have that stamp set or coordinating punch, so I decided to use the Heartfelt Hexagon bundle for this card instead.  (Note:  the Heartfelt Hexagon bundle is an special release for World Card Making Day and will be featured in an upcoming catalog!)  Here is a closer look at my card:




For the second project, Shannon and Natalie used the Earthen Textures Bundle for their card.  While I'm intrigued by this bundle, I haven't purchased it (yet?).  So, I decided to try to recreate the card with a combination of the Oceanfront stamp set and a shape from the Nested Essentials Dies in place of the vase stamp and dies and the Cheerful Daises Bundle in place of the leaves.   Here is how my card turned out:





For the final card, I was able to follow along exactly, as it was made with the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle.  Here's how that came out:






Which of these do you like the best?  Also can you guess which layout inspired one of the cards we'll be making at the Post World Card Making Day celebration on Saturday?  

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: