Thursday, October 19, 2023

Post World Card Making Day Party Heartfelt Hexagon CASED Card

 Happy Thursday!  Today's card is another of the cards we made at the Post World Card Making Day Party on Saturday.  For this one, I started with the card layout used in Stampin' Up!'s online World Card Making Day Event for the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle.  Here's the card I created following along with those instructions:



For my party, I decided to add a background layer of Pecan Pie card stock, stamped with the Fragrant Forest background stamp, and instead of colored card stock, use designer series paper punched pieces on the card.  I chose A Walk in the Forest Designer Series Paper for this -- I thought it would be versatile enough to be used as a fall card, a masculine card, or a Christmas card . . . probably some other possibilities, too, depending on the greeting used!  Here's how my sample card turned out:



As I was prepping kits for the party, I decided it would be fun to add another strip of cardstock on the piece with the greeting.  So, each kit had a strip of Balmy Blue, Shaded Spruce, and Pretty Peacock card stock that could be layered onto the punched pieces.  Here's an example of how that turned out:




Embellishments are from the Tinsel Gems 4 pack.  

Please let me know if you have any questions about this card!

- Michelle

No comments: