Wednesday, January 24, 2024

January to April and Sale-a-Bration Open House

 Hi!  This Sunday, Connie and I hosted our Open House for the new January to April Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure.  We had some wonderful help in getting everything set up and cleaned up from Connie's sister, Chris, so wanted to say another big thanks to her and Connie for that!!!!   

Connie and I had prepared 4 make and take projects for our friends who came to make.  We each designed a card with the Bee Mine Suite.  Then, Connie also created a card with the Nature's Sweetness Suite, and I made one with the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle.  

Here are Connie's cards:




Her Bee Mine card is an adorable adaption of a card we made as a make and take during the Stampin' Up! OnStage Online event we attended in November.  

Then, here is Connie's beautiful Nature's Sweetness card (which draws inspiration from a design by Jan Clothier): 


Here's the card I made with Connie and a peek at the inside:



Connie also demonstrated inking with the new brayer and the Adoring Hearts Bundle, though I didn't manage to capture any photos of that!  I will have some Adoring Hearts projects to show you as part of our SUper Friends Valentine's Swap, though . . . so stay tuned for that!

Here's my project with the Bee Mine Suite:



We used a Petal Pink Stampin' Write Marker to add the blushing cheeks, and a bit of Wink of Stella on the wings!  Here's a closer view of the little bee:


During the open house, my friend Jaya came up with an adorable alternate design for my card!  Here's the photo I snapped then, and she was gracious enough to send me a better photo after, which you can see as well:






Thanks, Jaya!!!

For my project with the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle, I CASED cards on page 37 of the January to April Catalog!  I die cut the ice cream cone card bases from Crushed Curry card stock, then everyone could add texture with one of the dies from the set, which was a bit different than the stamping done in the catalog samples.  There were 4 ice cream "flavors" to choose from:  Vanilla, Melon Mambo (strawberry), Pecan Pie (chocolate), and Lemon Lime Twist (which initially made me think of pistachio, but my friends told me they chose because it reminded them of Matcha!) :


We used Crumb Cake ink to do all the stamping on these cards.  Here are some close ups of them:




Here's the greeting inside:




As I was making up some of the leftover kits from the event, I decided to play around and make a triple scoop cone.  Here's how that turned out:



And, here are a few random photos from the event:









So much fun!!!!   Can't wait until we get together again!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle







No comments: