Monday, January 29, 2024

Merry Monday: Fun with Felt!

 Merry Monday!!!  This Christmas, I stumbled across a wonderful free felt advent calendar on Instagram by Anabella Cahwje (@whatacurlylife).  I had fun making a number of the projects from that, and then I started thinking that it would be fun to cut some felt with Stampin' Up! dies and see what I could create from there!  

I decided to start with the gingerbread men from the Sending Cheer Bundle.  I die cut the felt, and decided to try stamping on it, and was surprised to find out that stamping worked!  I used Memento, and it was a great guide for embroidering details on:


Next, I decided to cut some trees with the Merriest Trees dies, and I first tried stitching snow on the branches, but didn't like how that was coming out, so decided to try something else -- I made a simple tree with just a star on the top, then decided to make two more trees and add some pretty die cut flowers in red, pink and white on those:


The flowers are from the Sweet Citrus Dies, Sentimental Park Dies, and Thoughtful Moments dies. 

I'm actually looking forward to trying this out with some Valentine's and Spring dies as well!  Stay tuned for that . . . 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: