Saturday, January 6, 2024

Favorite Cards and Projects of 2023

 Happy 2024!  Before jumping into some fun new stuff, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at some of my favorite cards and projects of 2023.  I went through and picked my favorite project I created each month.  Here goes!

January

This was a tough choice, as I really liked the mini owl card I created for Connie's and my open house as well, but I actually had to go with a card that somethow didn't make it to my blog before -- a theater fold card I made with the Fancy Flora stamp set and Two-Tone Flora Dies for a dear friend's birthday:



Here's January's honorable mention is an easel card featuring the adorable owl stamp set for Sale-a-Bration:


February
 My favorite cards for this month were made with the Irresistible Blooms online Exclusive stamp set and designer papers, inspired by a design by Rachel Tessman:


I again had a close runner up with an alternate design shaker card I made with the January 2023 Paper Pumpkin kit:


March
My favorite cards for this month were these cards CASEd from a beautiful design by Gail Ellis:


April
My favorite projects for this month were these Easter cards -- love that designer paper, and had so much fun pairing it with the bunny from the Playing in the Rain Bundle and daffodils from Daffodil Daydream:



May
This home decor piece made with the Paper Florist dies is my favorite project for this month:


June
 A highlight for this month was Creativity Now and the cards we made as part of that event:


I had fun placing these flowers in the vase from the June Paper Pumpkin kit and making red, white and blue cards for summer thank yous:


July
July's card is this card I made for our SUper Friends' swap, using the Sea Turtle Set, Waves of Inspiration Bundle, Beauty of the Deep set, and the Deckled Rectangles Dies:

August
This card made with the Timeless Arrangements Bundle and sentiment from the Share a Milk Shake stamp set was inspired by a Barbie-themed card I received from Joyce Costello, plus a technique I learned with embossing paste at Creativity Now:



September 
My favorite this month is this flying gull card I made with Judy and Jana, using the Meaningful Flowers Paper Pumpkin kit:



October
This was a bit of a tough choice because I had so much fun with the September Paper Pumpkin kit in October, and I really like all of the cards I was able to create with that, but I think my absolute favorite cards made in October were these made with the Abundant Beauty Masks, using the stack, cut and sort technique with the  Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper:


A close runner up is this card, also with the Abundant Beauty Masks, designed for the Post World Card Making Day class:


November
Onstage Online was so much fun in November, and the bee cards I made during that are my favorites for that month:



December

My favorite cards for this month were designed for a card class with friends and were made using the Joy of Noel and Christmas Classic sets along with their coordinating dies:


I have another favorite project to share, but it is something I made as Christmas gifts, and I still have a few to deliver, so will need to keep that a surprise a little longer!  ;)


Thanks so much for staying with me through all these!!!  Which of these is your favorite project of 2023?  Please leave me a comment and let me know!  

- Michelle  








No comments: