Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Hey, Chick! Cards

Hi!  Hope you are having a great Tuesday!  Morning came too early again today as we adjust to our Daylight Savings Time . . . and I feel like I have too many things to do today . . . although it also feels like it will be a great day!  I'm excited to see both boys play ball later today -- the older one has volleyball and the younger one baseball, only slightly overlapping and with an orthodontist appointment in there for the younger one as well!  

Anyway, while the day is still relatively calm, I wanted to pop in here and share some happy cards I made with the Hey, Chick! set -- this is a Sale-a-Bration exclusive, so only available while supplies last or until the end of this month!  

For the first card, I wanted to play with the cute half-hatched egg image and make a card that I think could be a fun thank you, Easter, or maybe even baby card . . . 


The dotted designer paper on the bottom is from the 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper (not just for envelopes!).  The ribbon is Whisper White Organza.  The eggs are colored with Watercolor Pencils and on an oval die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (can you tell I'm getting a lot of use out of those?!!)

For the next cards, I again used Watercolor Pencils and Stitched Shapes Framelits, but with designs from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Pack:





(Can you see the bleach dots on the chicken above?  Such a fun technique!  And, I think on this one I actually colored with Stampin' Write Markers rather before dotting on the bleach.  Shhh . . . Oh, and the "sunshine" is from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, cut out of Gold Foil Sheets)



(the die cut behind the chicken on this one is from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits . . . isn't it fun how it coordinates with the swirls on the paper?!)




Hope those made you smile!!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: