Monday, March 13, 2017

Paisley Cat Card

Happy Monday!  How are you?  Whew!  I'm feeling the effects of our "Spring Forward" time change . . . for those of you not subject to Daylight Savings Time, I must say I'm jealous!  :)  Anyway, thankfully, we're having a beautiful sunny day here and that definitely helps (and maybe another cup of coffee will, too!).  

Today, I have a fun card to share with you that I created a couple months back for a Wow! swap.  I'd seen creative people making fish and peacocks out of the Paisley Framelits, and had found some inspiration in a piece with paisley applique animals, which unfortunately seems to no longer be available on the web . . . and from that, decided to try creating a paisley cat with the Paisley Framelits.  Here's how that turned out:





The card base is Island Indigo, and the patterned paper is from the Moroccan Designer Series Paper.  I used Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock for the cat.  The cat is on an oval piece created by layering a Very Vanilla oval cut with a die from the Stitched Shapes on top of a scalloped oval cut with one of the Layering Ovals dies.  A piece of Very Vanilla Lace Trim is tied in a bow around the card.

I'm looking forward to creating some more paisley animals!  I'm thinking maybe a bunny next.  What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: